Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Seems like old times

Last week was the holiday party for the consulting outfit I'm working with. Decent spread, Rockefeller Center, overlooking the tree lighting. Well stocked, open bar. I had a few scotches, big cups, and headed for home. It struck me on the way home that at my advanced age, a big advantage of drinking booze over beer is that I didn't need to hit the head, all two hours of the trip home - no teeth gritting, white knuckle waiting for some guy hiding in the train toilet because he's to cheap to buy a ticket. A far cry from college days, when the goal of doing shots was to get as plastered as possible.

That got me to thinking of other things I'm doing that I did back in the day, but for different reasons. Example: I stay up pretty late these days, like back in the old days. In college it was because that's when people were up and about, and you could enjoy the party; now it's when they're all asleep, so I can enjoy the quiet. I'm working two jobs, again, but actually enjoying the cash less....hmmmmmm. Oh well, there's always the scotch - big cups, ideally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google