Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Gramm likes McCain

I remember as a college student, being impressed by the simple logic behind the Gramm-Rudman-Hollings act, and by the straight talk of sponsor, Phil Gramm. His poorly run campaign for the Republican Presidential nomination in 1996 handed the party to Bob Dole, who was not up to the task. Gramm's retirement left a big gap in Republican leadership, in my opinion.

That leadership gap, Gramm opines, would best be filled at this time by John McCain. I often find McCain a bit flaky, but Phil's endorsement is meaningful to me - I'll pay more attention to McCain as 2008 approaches...

By the way - if you follow the link above to Gramm's wikipedia entry, there are some priceless quotes, e.g.
"Has anyone ever noticed that we live in the only country in the world where all the poor people are fat?" — During his first Senate Campaign against Democrat Lloyd Doggett.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK. New topic, please!

While I'm here, let me plug the world's best radio station: www.wdvx.com

3/08/2007 5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google